Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nothing comes between me and my Calvins: Brooke Shields claims famous ad jeans still fit

By SOPHIE FORBES

Good look: Brooke Shields talks to Ellen DeGeneres about her famous Calvin Klein jeans ad and claims 'the didn't look pretty but they fit'


It has been 30-years since she donned her Calvin Klein Jeans for the now infamous and once controversial ad campaign.

But model and actress Brooke Shields claims that, after two children and three decades, the jeans still fit her.


The 45-year old mother of two talked to Ellen DeGeneres on her chat show yesterday about the ad she starred in when she was just 15 years old.


Looking good: The mum of two looks amazing in skinny jeans


The advertisement in question was a 1980 television commercial for Calvin Klein Jeans which featured a young Brooke in a pair of dark wash, straight leg jeans and a man's shirt provocatively styled with only one button done up.

The young model whistles My Darling Clementine before suggestively announcing 'You want to know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing.'

'That was one of the first times they had sort of smart and provocative television commercials,' Shield told Ellen before admitting that her mother had stolen two pairs of the jeans used in the shoot.

Shields wore one pair recently to a fashion showcase at the Met.

'The other ones, i tried to pour myself into,' she admitted.

'I got those suckers zipped up. They didn't look pretty but they fit.'

She also admitted that they didn't exactly look great.

'They came up to here,' Brooke said, bringing her hand up under her chest.

'They were so high. I looked like a sausage in them, but I was going to get them zipped up if it was the last thing I did, so I could say that I fit into them.'



Back in the day: The controversial 1980 ad in which Brooke was only 15


Regardless of how they looked, the ad helped the Calvin Klein brand rise to superstar status.

Since then, Brooke has had a successful modeling and acting career, starring in over 60 films and television shows.

She is currently in rehearsals for a new play ' A Leap Of Faith', which is a stage adaptation of the 1992 film drama of the same name starring Steve Martin.


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment