Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Matchstick arms and legs: Whitney Port is pin thin as she struts her stuff in NYC

By Daily Mail Reporter

Pin thin: Whitney Port showed off her incredibly skinny legs in a maroon mini skirt as she walked around NYC yesterday


Whitney Port might want to rethink the age old adage that you can never be too rich or too thin.

The City reality star was spotted in New York yesterday dressed in a maroon mini-skirt that did nothing to disguise her painfully thin legs.

Whitney, 25, has never been on the heavy side, and has always looked skinny, but recently she appears to be thinner than ever.

Port once told US Weekly that she has 'never eaten pasta' and it shows, it appears that there isn't an inch to pinch on Whitney's 5'10' frame which weighs in at a reported 115lbs.

Whitney claimed that she gained 'love handles' after leaving college and has since embarked on a strict diet and workout regime.

She totally avoids carbs, sugar and fried foods and workouts regularly with a personal trainer, takes long walks, plays basketball and bike rides.

Whitney says she is now: 'Satisfied with my body. I feel healthy and strong.'


Happy and healthy: Port denies having any issues with her weight, insisting 'I'm totally normal, I'm fine'


Whitney's MTV show, The City has broached the issue of eating disorders in the past after outspoken People's Revolution head honcho Kelly Cutrone accused working model and City cast member Allie Crandall of being anorexic.

A tearful Allie adamantly denied having an eating disorder and ran to Whitney for some moral support, 'I know I'm healthy. I know I'm happy the way I am,' she beseeched.

Whitney, for her part, decided to be judgement free, reassuring her friend: 'If you're healthy and you're happy, that's what matters.'

Port's acid tongued co-worker, Olivia Palermo cut to the chase though, pointing out that being underweight is pretty much part and parcel of the fashion industry.

'This is fashion,' she opined. 'We can't have Shamu coming down the runway!'


Intervention: When it comes to being too skinny Port claims: 'If there was ever a problem, my family would be the first ones [to tell me]'


Meanwhile, Whitney insists that she is happy with her current weight and doesn't think she is too thin. Going on to say that if she ever did get too thin she would be sure to hear about it - from her family.

'I’m totally normal, I'm fine,' Port told U.S. website Hollywoodlife last month.

'Sometimes I see [comments about my weight], but to be perfectly honest with you, it doesn’t really effect me all too much.

'I know I am OK, and I know if there was ever a problem, my family would be the first ones to come in, come up to me and would totally help me.

'So it doesn’t really affect me.'


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment