Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Why the 'Human Barbie' is now injecting her own 16-year-old daughter with Botox

Face value: Sarah Burge, who has had more than 150 cosmetic procedures, administers Botox to her sixteen-year-old daughter, Hannah


Her mother has turned herself into a 'human Barbie' with more than 150 cosmetic procedures costing £500,000.

Now teenager Hannah Burge has become Britain's youngest user of Botox. She had her first injection of the toxin at 15 because she 'didn't want to look haggard' by 25.

Her mother Sarah, who gives Hannah the injections herself, said she was 'thrilled' when her daughter asked for them.

Hannah, now 16, had her first dose while on a family holiday in Marbella, Spain, last May, with her mother's consent. Since then the schoolgirl has had two more Botox injections at home with Miss Burge, 49, who is a trained aesthetic practitioner.

She uses the same Botox on her daughter that she uses on herself. The only concession she makes for Hannah's age is to give her half the usual dosage given to adults.

Hannah believes the toxin – which she calls "B" – will stop her developing wrinkles in the future.

She said: 'I wanted to have Botox for two reasons: It prevents wrinkles and everyone at my school was talking about having B.

'I had a couple of lines on my forehead and around my mouth, which I was unhappy about.


Like mother, like daughter: Sarah was 'thrilled' when Hannah wanted Botox and now also plans to have lip fillers administered by her mother


Real Life Barbie: Sarah has spent more than £500,000 to transform herself


'Appearance is important to me and I don't want to look haggard and ugly by the time I'm 25.

'Some of my friends told me that the earlier you start to have B, the fewer wrinkles you'll have as an adult.'

Hannah, of St Neots, Cambridgeshire, has heard of girls having Botox at 16 but believes she is the youngest to start. She now wants her mother to give her lip fillers for a fuller pout.

She said: 'I've met plenty of girls my age who are having these procedures behind their parents' backs, which I think is pretty dangerous.

'With (my mother's) help, I won't get that frozen-face look when I'm older and will never have a line or wrinkle on my face.'

Her mother, who has been married three times, regularly uses Botox herself, and has had her nose made smaller, her cheekbones made bigger, her breasts lifted, and the fat sucked from her face among other procedures.

She said: 'I was thrilled Hannah was open and honest with me about having Botox.

'I'd much rather know about it than have her do it behind my back.


'I know some parents will be horrified but this is my way of protecting my daughter from back-street rip-off merchants.

'Also, considering I have had so much surgery, I'd be a hypocrite to tell my daughter she couldn't have Botox.'

Miss Burge, a former Bunny Girl, promotes herself online and in the media as Real Life Barbie.

Botox is the trade name for botulinum toxin, a bacteria which causes muscle paralysis lasting for up to four months.

Claude Knights, director of Kidscape, said: 'To be using Botox at such a young age is of concern.

'She is terribly young, this is encouraging her to value herself purely on how she looks, she is not getting a chance to develop her character.'

Fazel Fatah, president-elect of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, said that Botox should be administered only by a professional in sterile conditions.

He said: 'Excessive Botox can cause facial weakness or paralysis, and double vision, if injected incorrectly near the eye area.'


Natural beauty: A brunette Sarah before her surgery obsession began


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment