Sunday, March 14, 2010

'I had the life of Riley... but I wasn't to blame for the drugs': Kerry Katona's husband reveals how he spent her £6m fortune

By Sophie Freeman

Turmoil: Kerry Katona in Warrington, Cheshire yesterday. Estranged husband Mark Croft said his wife is to blame for her own problems

The estranged husband of troubled former pop star Kerry Katona today revealed how he helped squander his wife's millions, leaving her bankrupt.


Unemployed former cab-driver Mark Croft told how he blew £1.4million on flash cars, casting a £135,000 Ferrari aside simply because it was too wide for Sainsbury's car park.

The 38-year-old, who is father to Katona's two youngest children, owned up to his obsession with spending her money, but claimed allegations he was behind her drugs problems were untrue.

He told The News Of The World: 'If someone said to you, "You don't have to work", because they have loads of money, what would you do? I've had the life of Riley.'

But he denies supplying his wife with drugs - and blames his mother-in-law Sue for for ruining his public image.

'No I wasn't dealing cocaine - I am not a cocaine dealer despite what has been said about me.

'Kerry's mum said that. Sue branded me a cocaine dealer but nobody else has. She did it because she hated me for taking Kerry from her.

'She has caused problems in my marriage and turned the public against me.'

The couple split earlier this year over Katona's alleged relationship with personal trainer Kevin Green, who she met at a weight loss boot camp.



Split: Mark Croft accused Kerry of cheating on him with her personal trainer Kevin Green while she was away at a fitness camp


Now Croft claims that his wife's problems throughout their marriage were her own fault - including the loss of a lucrative contract with frozen food company Iceland after video footage of her allegedly snorting cocaine was passed to a tabloid.

'I didn't do the video,' said Croft. 'I didn't ask Iceland to ditch her because she got caught taking cocaine. She thinks getting rid of me will help - but this is all her.'

Croft said the video was taken in their house just three-and-a-half hours after Katona had collected her two eldest daughters - Molly, nine, and Lilly, eight - from Manchester Airport after a trip to Ireland with their father Brian McFadden.

And Croft has vowed to fight for custody of his their children, Heidi, three, and Max, one, if something similar happens again.

'If I find she had taken cocaine when she is in the house with them on her own I will fight for custody,' he said.

'She's so embarrassed that the kids will see that video one day.'

Kerry was made bankrupt in 2008 for failing to deliver the final £87,000 of a £417,000 tax bill.


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment