Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What giving up sweets did for songstress Charlotte Church

By Liz Thomas

Fierce: Charlotte Church refused airbrushing in her recent photoshoot
Church opted for a Barbarella-style look as she appeared in a figure-hugging mini-dress for the shoot.


Prowling around the floor on all fours, she might just be looking for that chocolate bar she dropped. But that would be the Charlotte Church of old. The new slimmed-down version doesn’t even keep sweets in the house any more.

And although she is reluctant to discuss the full details of how she managed to turn from a voluptuous Size 14 to a slinky Size 8 in a year, her brand new shape speaks volumes.

The 24-year-old singer, TV presenter and mother-of-two posed in a skintight dress for a magazine shoot. And she was so content with her look, she forbade any airbrushing.


Slimline: Charlotte Church on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross


Miss Church’s seems to showing off her new figure at every opportunity.

She confessed: ‘I’ve always been quite comfortable in my own skin and I ate everything in sight when I was pregnant and I loved doing that. I didn’t watch my weight, I didn’t care and I had a great experience.

'I had a great pregnancy experience.’

The star lost two stones of her baby weight simply by eating less.

She has admitted that boyfriend Gavin Henson tried to encourage her to exercise.

She added: 'Gav did take me out training a couple of times, but only a few times because it was way too much for me!

'We’d have to sprint for ten metres and then have a ten-second rest, and I was like "ahh, you’re killing me, I can’t do this, I’m knackered, stop now!’" He’d be like "come on, you’re young, your heart can take it", I’d be like "no it can’t, I’m going to have a heart attack, leave me alone!"'

‘He’s a great guy… and I’ve been through some changes and shapes [over the years] but he’s always kind of loved me and been happy, and he’s never commented negatively on however I’ve looked.’

The couple have two children - Ruby, two and Dexter, aged one.

Charlotte is a judge on the BBC’s latest musical theatre talent search Over The Rainbow alongside Sheila Hancock, Andrew Lloyd Webber and John Partridge.

This time the search is for a Dorothy to fill the ruby red slippers following on from the success of How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria and Any Dream Will Do.

Theatre bosses are also looking for a Toto to appear in a one-off West End gala performance


Before and after: Charlotte Church has dropped from a Size 14 (left) to a Size 8


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment