Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Danniella Westbrook: 'I'm trying to put weight back ON after shedding 1st 7lb on Dancing On Ice'

By Chris Johnson

Slim: Danniella Westbrook poses in a swimsuit to show off her newly svelte figure, but the former EastEnders star says she is now trying to put on weight


After months of training and skating every week to compete in Dancing On Ice, Danniella Westbrook has shed an incredible STONE AND A HALF.

The former EastEnders star has dropped two dress sizes and gained a six-pack, but now believes she is too thin and is trying to put weight on again.

The 36-year-old star, who survived in the demanding ITV show until last week's semi-finals, wants to gain another half a stone.

Speaking to this week’s Closer magazine, the mother-of-three says: 'I lost a lot of weight on the show.

'I was 9st and a Size 8 to 10, now I’m a Size 6. It’s really in the last four weeks that it’s dropped off.'

She added: 'I had to go shopping and get a new wardrobe, but I didn’t go mad and buy loads of things, as within a month I’ll probably be back to a Size 8.

'I don’t like being stick thin and I feel like I’ve got a bit bony in places but, trust me, now that I’m no longer skating that’ll soon be gone!'
Danniella, who tucks into a peanut butter sandwich before the Closer shoot, adds: 'Confidence-wise, the weight loss hasn’t affected me - if anything, I feel too thin.

'It’s nice to look in the mirror and think you look trim, but I don’t like being stick thin, it’s not a good look.'

Danniella also reveals that her husband, businessman Kevin Jenkins, 39, isn’t a fan of her skinny look either.

She says: 'He told me, ‘You do look too thin.’ So we’ve been eating out a lot this week!'
But while Danniella doesn’t like being superslim, she admits that it is nice to have a six-pack.

The actress, who is mum to Kai, 14, Jody, eight, and stepdaughter Jordan, 15, says: 'Before the show I definitely wouldn’t have ruled out some kind of surgery – a tummy tuck or even liposuction maybe, in the future.

'But doing this has shown me that regular exercise does work, I actually don’t need to have any surgery!

'Kevin trains six days a week and he’s always said to me, "If you trained and did stomach crunches you could have a six-pack again." But I was like, "No, I’ve had a Caesarean, I’m never going to get a six-pack again!"'


Getting trim: Danniella and Dancing On Ice skating partner Matthew Gonzalez


The full interview appears in Closer magazine, on sale now

Danniella had her nose reconstructed in 2002 because she had eroded her nasal septum with a £400-a-day cocaine addiction.
Thankfully she successfully completed rehab and has now been clean for nine years, but she reveals that it would be impossible for medics to reconstruct her nose a second time if she ever injured it.

Rebuilding it was a complex process that took several months and operations to complete.

And although Danniella’s new septum is made of tough shark cartilage, it could still be damaged.

She says: 'Doing Dancing On Ice, I was hugely worried about injuring my nose. If I’d broken it, it couldn’t be rebuilt.

'The reconstruction was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I was warned that surgeons couldn’t fix it again.'

Now that she’s finished Dancing On Ice, Danniella says she’ll keep up her healthy lifestyle.

She says: 'I’m always quite active. I’m not really big on going to the gym, but I did a pole-dancing class and I’ve got a pole at home, too. It’s fun. It’s really good for your upper body and thighs.'


A fuller-figured Danniella in 2002 - the year she had her nose reconstructed


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment