Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm a serious actress now, says Bond girl Gemma Arterton

By Julie Moult

Fed up: Bond star Gemma Arterton has declared herself a 'serious actress'


As a Bond girl, she certainly wasn't shy about showing off her shapely figure.

But Gemma Arterton has declared that she now wants to become a 'serious' actress – because she's fed up with being seen as 'the totty'.

Despite earning a dedicated male following for her role as Strawberry Fields alongside Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace, the 24-year-old insists that she is giving up on blockbusters.


Not 'totty' anymore: Gemma, 24, is turning her back on blockbusters


The actress, from Gravesend in Kent, said: 'For me, it can really be frustrating when you're just seen as the totty, and I know that I've always taken acting so seriously.

'The Bond film took me into that "hottie" category. It's easy for people to put you in that "hot girl" slot.

'I don't want to play those characters any more. Now I'm starting to be in the kinds of films I would go and see – quirky and interesting and not particularly blockbustery. So I have to prove my salt. And now is the time.'

The actress added that she chose her latest film, The Disappearance of Alice Creed, because she 'wanted to do something where I could eat'.

Miss Arterton plays the eponymous Alice, a woman from a wealthy family who is kidnapped by two ex-convicts.

Perhaps marriage is responsible for taming the brunette.

She wed Italian sales manager Stefano Catelli, 37, in a secret ceremony in Spain in June.



source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment