Monday, April 5, 2010

Losing weight took its toll on my face: Hannah Waterman tells how she became 'too skinny'

By Daily Mail Reporter

New look: Hannah Waterman showed off her slimline figure and a new brunette hairstyle in shoot for Closer


After dramatically shedding three stone, actress Hannah Waterman came under intense scrutiny and faced accusations she was an 'obsessive dieter.'

Now the 34-year-old has admitted she became 'too skinny' and is trying to put on weight.

The former EastEnders actress has also acknowledged the toll the weight loss took on her face - declaring 'it looked like a bag of spanners.'

Waterman hit the spotlight after dropping from 10st 4lb to 7st 10lb last year, using techniques she then promoted in a new fitness DVD.

While she was delighted with her new body, the breakdown of her three-year marriage to former co-star Ricky Groves and the intense scrutiny that followed caused her to shed even more weight.

At the time of the split Groves accused her of being an 'obsessive dieter'.


Struggle: Hannah says she is now back to her ideal weight after becoming 'too skinny' follow her marriage breakdown
'I wasn’t left alone and it kind of started there. When I’m down or worried, I forget to eat. I’m not a comfort eater!'


Hannah discusses her body concerns in the latest Closer magazine


Hannah showed off a new brunette hairstyle as she donned a range of tight-fighting outfits for the magazine shoot.
The star admitted she was hurt by negative comments about her face, which appeared aged as a result of the weight loss.
'I got too skinny. After Christmas my weight plummeted to 7st 5lb and I looked too thin – I was all ribs and bones and my face looked like a bag of spanners,' she said.

Surgeons even offered to give the actress a facelift, but she refused.

'Losing the weight took its toll on my face, but I’d rather put on a few pounds than have surgery,' she said.

Hannah is instead trying a non-invasive facial treatment called Thermage, which uses radiofrequency technology to heat collagen in the skin.

'I’m still waiting to see the results – it takes a couple of months apparently, but watch this space.'

The actress, who recently stripped off alongside Kelly Brook for the stage production of Calendar Girls, revealed she has recently made an effort to put on weight.


Hannah slimmed to a size 6/8 after she reached a size 16 in 2009, right


She is now back to her 'ideal weight' of 7st 10lb.

'When I lost weight I thought my figure would magically become hourglass as it shrank, but it didn’t. Luckily, I kept my boobs, but the rest of me disappeared. Now I’m all boobs and no arse.'

The full interview appears in this week's closer magazine, on sale today.


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment