Wednesday, October 27, 2010

'What did I do to deserve this?' Rihanna opens up about her assault by Chris Brown

By ANDREA MAGRATH

'What did I do to deserve this?' The singer, in dramatic Sonia Rykiel, opens up about her heart-breaking assault by ex-boyfriend Chris Brown in a new interview


A year and a half after her terrible assault by ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, Rihanna oozes confidence in a beautiful photoshoot.

Striking a fierce pose with her hand on her hip and her smouldering gaze on the camera, she is a completely different person from the heartbroken young woman whose battered face appeared in police photos in February last year.

But the memories of that night still linger in the 22-year-old's mind, and she has finally opened up about how she felt during that dark period.

'God has a crazy way of working, and sometimes when stuff happens you feel like, "What did I do to deserve this?" Why was it backfiring on me?' she says in an emotional interview in the latest issue of UK Marie Claire

‘I was very lost. I have to say I felt really confused. I hate talking about it but it was really crazy because I felt so out of touch with myself and when that happens.’

‘It’s scary because nothing you say or do feels like it’s you,' Rihanna says through tears. 'You just lose touch of everything that you love and everything that you would normally do; how you would dress or how you would say something.



Gorgeous: The singer is beautiful in Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci and Loutboutin heels


'It just feels like it’s not coming from you. It’s just this one empty vase. I felt like an empty vessel.’

She has also revealed when she realised she needed to end the three-year relationship for good: ‘Eventually, I remember waking up one day and I knew I was over it,’ she says in the new issue of UK Marie Claire.


Full interview in December issue of Marie Claire, out this week


‘One day. I remember I was in New York at the Trump Hotel and I woke up and I just knew I was over it.’

‘I needed that wake-up call in my life. I needed a turning point, and that's what God was giving to me,’ she said.

Rihanna attracted plenty of criticism for her brief reconciliation with the No Air singer - currently completing his court-ordered community service - after the headline-making assault.

‘All this terrible stuff they say to you, it breaks you down,' she says of that time. '[But] once you're back on your feet - if you ever make it back on your feet - that's the ultimate achievement.’

Now dating US baseball star Matt Kemp, Rihanna says she has now moved on and is happy again.

'I feel like I smile for real this time. The smiles come from inside, and it exudes in everything I do.

'People feel my energy is different. When I smile they can tell that it's pure bliss and not just a cover up.'

The gorgeous photoshoot, in which Rihanna wears a dramatic Sonia Rykiel dress and Manolo Blahnik heels, appears in next months' Marie Claire magazine.

The singer's hair and make-up guru Karin Darnell says of her client's trend-setting locks: 'She's been dying to go red for ages!'

'That's why she's such a style icon, because she's constantly changing - a true chameleon.'

Cheryl Cole, as well as her contestants on the X Factor, are just some of the celebrities following in her fiery footsteps.

Full interview and additional pictures in the December issue of Marie Claire, on sale Thursday


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment