Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Peter Andre breaks down on live TV as he discusses the future of his children after Katie Price's Las Vegas wedding

By Natalie Trombetta

Tears: Peter Andre broke down during a live interview on Sky News today


Peter Andre broke down in tears during a live interview today when quizzed about Katie Price's new husband Alex Reid.

The Australian singer was overcome with emotion when probed by Kay Burley about the role the cage-fighter would play in his children's lives.

He asked to cut the segment short as he struggled to hold back tears, declaring: 'Nobody is going to take my kids away from me.'

Andre, 36, was ostensibly on the programme to promote his new Valentine's Day album, Unconditional Love Songs.

But it of course coincided with news his ex-wife had remarried in a Las Vegas ceremony overnight.


Tough questions: Kay Burley asked Andre how he would feel if Alex Reid wanted to adopt his children Junior and Princess

Andre did his utmost to deflect questions about the wedding, repeatedly stating that he was only concerned about his children.

When pushed about Reid, he said: 'I don't know the man, I've never met him.
'I couldn't care less, I'm so sorry, I'm not being bitter.'

He said Junior, 4, and Princess, 2, were not yet aware Price and Reid had wed, adding: 'I guess it's something I'm going to have to explain to them.'

But the interview took a turn when Burley played a clip from a previous interview with Dwight Yorke, the father of Price's disabled son, Harvey, 7.


Awkward viewing: Andre asked to cut the interview short after he became overwhelmed with emotion


In the clip, which Andre had not seen before, Dwight described Andre's request to adopt Harvey as 'disrespectful'.

An incensed Andre responded: 'I asked to adopt him because I love him, not to be disrespectful. That angers me a little bit.'

Burley then asked how he would feel if Celebrity Big Brother winner Reid wanted to adopt his children.

A clearly distressed Andre replied: 'No one is going to take my kids away from me. And I will fight to the death for that.'





source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment