Friday, February 26, 2010

Does Leona Lewis really need an assistant to help her choose a cupcake?

Demanding work: Singer Leona Lewis gets an assistant to help her choose cakes at a London bakery


Being a pop star is a tough business. First you have to record songs while all around you tell you how wonderful you are.

Then comes the terrible burden of promotional work, where you pop into radio stations to chat about your new single and answer searching questions such as, 'Who's your favourite fashion designer?'

Obviously this is demanding work, as evidenced by these pictures of Leona Lewis shopping for cup cakes as she promotes her new single, I Got You.

See how she struggles to choose which cakes to buy - obviously she needs an assistant to help her make the right choice.

And then marvel as she actually carries the cakes from the shop all by herself. Who said showbiz was easy?

After going through a month-long detox to loose weight, perhaps Leona was giving herself a rare treat.

The singer showed off her slimmed down figure at the Brit Awards last week after cutting a previously heavier frame last year.


Marvel: Somehow the star manages to carry her bag from the shop unaided


The 24-year-old singer, who has always flown the flag for 'normal', curvy women, decided to change her diet after a lengthy spell in the recording studio.

She said: 'I went on a detox at the end of summer last year and basically ate vegetables and nothing processed.

'I didn’t drink anything but water for a month! I usually drink lots of water anyway, so it wasn’t a crazy, dramatic change to my lifestyle, but I just really wanted to try it and see how I felt.

'And after being in the studio a while, I started doing shows and getting more active. I only did the detox for a little while, but it must have kick-started something in me because everyone keeps saying: "Wow, you’ve lost weight!" and I’m like: "Cool!"'


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment