Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oops, our Cilla forgets to pack the sunscreen and, surprise surprise, gets burnt

In the pink: Cilla reveals the effects of a little too much sunshine


When all at home are shivering in the depths of winter, the temptation to soak up the Caribbean sun is irresistible.

But for a fair-skinned redhead like Cilla Black, it's all too easy to overdo it.

The 67-year-old star, who has a penthouse apartment on Barbados, looked seriously sunburned as she joined Prince Harry at a fundraising party for victims of the Haiti earthquake.

She said: 'Harry came straight up to me and said, "I didn't expect you to be here". So I said, "Surprise, Surprise". He groaned and told me, "I knew you would say that".'

She added: 'I've met all the members of the Royal Family except William and Harry.

'A few years back I notoriously performed at the Royal Variety Performance wearing a leotard and a flashing heart.


Paying the forfeit: Harry dancing beside a local musician


'I happened to see Prince Philip at Buckingham Palace a few days later and he said: "Glad to see you are wearing a little more than when I saw you last!"'

Earlier, Prince Harry, who is in Barbados for a polo match to raise funds for his African orphans' charity, had found himself paying a forfeit at a concert for Haiti.

He offered to dance on stage if viewers of the event, broadcast on TV across the Caribbean, donated thousands of dollars in the next 25 minutes.

When the pledges came through, he said: 'I can't believe I've let myself in for this.'


Surprise surprise: Prince Harry and Cilla Black meet for the first time in Barbados


Cilla and Harry were at a fundraising party for victims of the Haiti earthquake


Cilla has now met all of the Royal family, except Prince William


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment