Monday, January 4, 2010

'I lost 2st of baby weight in three weeks to get back in my size 8 jeans,' reveals Lisa Scott-Lee

By Lizzie Smith

Back in shape: Lisa Scott-Lee lost her baby weight in three weeks


She only gave birth three months ago, but Lisa Scott-Lee is already posing naked.
The former Steps singer stripped off for a photoshoot for this week's Closer magazine after losing her two stones of baby weight by exercising for 60 seconds a day.

The 5ft 4in star was back to her size 8 figure just three weeks after the birth of daughter Star in September 2009.

'I decided to try on my size 8 jeans three weeks after I’d had Star and they fitted!' she said. 'I showed Johnny and he couldn’t believe it – I felt great.'
But Lisa says she knows that not everyone will be happy for her. 'I know some women will hate me,' she said.
'They’ll assume I’ve crash dieted, but I really haven’t. It’s just the way I am and I know I’m extremely lucky. I also think it’s down to breastfeeding – it’s great for both mum and baby.'


The 33-year-old has been married to dancer Johnny Shentall, 31, for five years.


They had their first child, son Jaden, 18 months ago, and Lisa got her figure back in about six weeks.

When she fell pregnant with Star in January 2009, Lisa was sure she wouldn’t be so lucky second time around.

'They say you put on a lot more weight in the second pregnancy, but I still only gained about 2st,' she said.

While eight months pregnant Lisa posed naked to recreate the famous Demi Moore photo.
'I loved my big bump,' she said. 'It made posing nude easier – I felt like I had something to hide behind!

'But even though I loved being pregnant, I was definitely looking forward to getting my flat tummy back – although I didn’t mind how long it would take.'

Lisa is adamant she hasn’t dieted since having Star, but is simply blessed with a fast metabolism. As for toning up, she hasn’t been near the gym since having Star, but she swears by a minute a day on her exercise ball.

'I’ve not done any sit-ups yet – you have to let your body settle,' she said.

'But there’s one thing I do that literally takes a minute. I put my exercise ball against a wall and kneel on it, using all my muscles to balance.

'It pulls in your stomach muscles, working core, bottom and thighs. It’s hard to find the time when you’re a new mum, but just a minute a day can really help to pull everything back in.'

But Lisa says her body is not yet back to its old shape.

'I’ve still got a little tummy – I quite like it! It reminds me I’m a mum,' she said.

'My hips are bigger than they used to be, and although I’m in my size 8 clothes, they’re a bit more snug these days.

'To be honest, I don’t want my body to get back to the toned size 6 I was in Steps. If I still looked like that, it would mean I didn’t have my two beautiful babies!'


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment