Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Susan Boyle arms herself with snowballs for a paparazzi playfight outside her own front door - as her album sales soar

Take that! Susan Boyle takes aim outside her house in Blackburn, West Lothian


After months of punishing promo schedules, live appearances and interviews, Susan Boyle is back home in Scotland, as queen of the charts.
The 48-year-old singing sensation's on course to beat the likes of Lady GaGa and Kings of Leon to take the best-selling album of the year crown with sales of 1.4million.

And despite being one of the biggest stars on the planet, SuBo's spending the festive season in familiar surroundings: at home in rural Scotland, with the paparazzi on her doorstep.

To make light of the situation, the Britain's Got Talent runner-up decided to pelt a few cameramen who were camped outside her modest semi in West Lothian.

SuBo's album, I Dreamed A Dream, sold more than 410,000 copies in the UK in its first week, according to the Official Charts Company.

It trounces the two most recent record-holders for the fastest-selling debut album: Leona Lewis's 2007 release, Spirit, which sold about 376,000 copies; and Arctic Monkeys' Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, which sold about 364,000 in 2006.

Industry experts are hailing it a phenomenal success for someone who, until April of this year, was a virtual unknown.


Did I get you? Susan demonstrates her snowball-fighting prowess


Susan admits she's become more accustomed to the press intrusion and the long lenses now, although it was a little unnerving at first.

She says: 'It got to the stage where I couldn't even go outside because the media – American television crews too – surrounded the house.

'I had to draw my blinds and, even after that, they started hammering on my door. I was quite frightened. I felt very vulnerable, because I was living on my own.'


SuBo's gone global: Boyle has become a household name in many countries


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment