Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Carla Bruni reveals single term as French First Lady is 'enough'

Carla Bruni has revealed she doesn't want her husband - Nicolas Sarkozy - to stand for re-election as she feels one term as France's First Lady is 'enough'.

If Sarkozy wanted to seek re-election in 2012 it was 'his business and not hers', Bruni said in a TV interview.

She told viewers: 'As his wife, one mandate is enough.

'We never talk about it because I don't think I should get involved in that kind of thing.

'It's very complicated and it's his job. It would be like him sticking his nose in and suggesting I write a song in a major or minor key, when that's my business.'
Bruni told TF1: 'He gives everything he has in his work and his love life, and that is amazing for a woman and amazing for a nation.

'So, really I'm just content that the French have him as president at all.

He is a complete and well-rounded person, and that's obvious the second he walks into a room.

The 41-year-old former supermodel, who married Sarkozy in February last year after a three-month whirlwind romance, added: 'I'm better with him than alone, and that's something I could never have imagined saying when I was young.'

Italian-born Bruni also answered criticism that a recent poll found 51 per cent of the French felt she was 'remote'.

She said: 'I feel close to the French. Perhaps they don't feel close because of all the photographs that look so staged. They don't see me as I really am.'


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment