Thursday, June 9, 2011

'Maternity leave - what's that?' Victoria Beckham has no intention of slowing down ahead of birth of her daughter

Not slowing down: Victoria Beckham told Glamour magazine she intends to work right up until she gives birth to her daughter next month


Victoria Beckham has revealed she has no intention of slowing down ahead of the birth of her daughter.

The 37-year-old star, who is eight months pregnant with her fourth child with husband David, joked she had no idea what maternity leave was, and will be working right up until the birth.

She told Glamour magazine: 'Maternity leave - what's that? I've been working incredibly hard so I'm prepared for next season.


'Being a working mum is hard - I think women can relate to me when I say it's like juggling glass balls.'

And Victoria, who is also mother to sons Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz, said she doesn't see her clothing and accessories line as a job - just a big part of her life.

She said: 'My husband and children will always be my priority. But for me, what I do professionally doesn't feel like a job - it's my passion.'

My work is my passion: Victoria, seen last month, says she doesn't regard her work as a job, but a passion


Victoria, who took home the Accessory Designer of the Year award at Glamour's Women of the Year ceremony thanks to her stunning range of handbags, also explained why she first wanted to launch her own line.

She told the magazine: 'It's been a really exciting time for me. It's my passion to make women look and feel beautiful and the highest compliment I can receive is when women enjoy what I'm doing.'

Victoria is due to give birth to her fourth child in early July and has been looking svelte through the whole pregnancy so far.

Jetsetter: Victoria has been flying around the world in recent weeks, and was seen arriving in London from Los Angeles last month


And despite choosing to give birth in the U.S., the Beckhams are said to be planning to move back to Britain permanently in the summer.

They are planning to bring their three sons and new-born daughter back to their £18 million mansion in Hertfordshire, according to close friend and television personality Louie Spence.

He said: ‘David, Victoria and the boys are coming to live over here again.

‘I’m working in the States over the summer but I’ll be in New York. If I’m in LA while I’m there we’ll definitely be spending time together.

Thrilled: Victoria today tweeted thanks to Justin Bieber for giving her three sons signed guitars


'But to be completely honest, they’re moving back to Britain soon, so I might have to wait until I’m back here until we can have a girly catch-up.’

If they do move back to the UK, it is thought that the couple will keep their LA mansion as a second home.

Meanwhile, Victoria took to her Twitter page today to thank Justin Bieber for the autographed guitars he gave to her three sons.

She wrote: 'Thank u @justinbieber for the boys signed guitars!!! they are so happy!!!!!!! X VB x '


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment