Friday, January 28, 2011

Who's that girl? Annie Lennox's daughter Tali unveiled as face of Julien Macdonald's new High Street line

By Tamara Abraham



Potential: Tali Lennox has been unveiled as the new face of Diamond by Julien Macdonald at Debenhams


Her mother may be the world-famous recording artist, but 17-year-old Tali Lennox already looks set to become a star in her own right.

The teenager, who is the daughter of Annie Lennox and Uri Fruchtmann, is already carving a successful career as a model, and was unveiled today as the face of Julien Macdonald's latest range for Debenhams.

And as the most outspoken judge on Britain's Next Top Model, Macdonald certainly knows potential when he sees it.


Tali, who has walked the catwalk for Prada, Burberry and Missoni, looks stunning in the collection, which is predominantly eveningwear.

With her hair in Eighties-style waves, she models asymmetric minidresses in black and punchy orange, as well as military-inspired shorts and jackets.

One LBD, which is sure to prove a hit with shoppers at Debenhams, features an oversized corsage that would put Carrie Bradshaw to shame.

Tali has also been tipped to become one of the new faces of Burberry. If the rumours are true, she will follow in the footsteps of Emma Watson and Kate Moss, and joining a line-up that includes Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.


Face value: The 17-year-old daughter of music legend Annie Lennox wears an Eighties-style hairdo to model military-inspired shorts and a punchy orange asymmetric dress


In an interview earlier this month she spoke of her passion for music and fashion: 'I never expected I'd be doing [modelling]. However, I've always been very interested in and inspired by fashion. When I was younger, I used to want to be a fashion designer.

'I don't know how long I'll be modelling. But I'm not afraid of the day it ends, because I'm looking forward to focusing more on my real passions which lie in creativity.

'I always enjoyed singing at school. I had lessons, did grades and sang in the choir for years.

I'm not sure if I'd ever pursue it. My voice is a bit low and husky - not the same calibre of that of my mum's or my sister Lola's, who has an exceptional gift for singing.


Glamourous: Tali, right, with her mother, Annie Lennox, and sister Lola, who is a budding singer


'But I love music, so if the chance arose I wouldn't necessarily shy away from it.'

Diamond by Julien Macdonald is set to be a younger sister line to the exisiting Star by Julien Macdonald collection.

Debenhams describes it as: 'Flirty, fun, shorter, tighter and lower cut!
'Diamond is Julien’s signature glamorous, sexy style has been realised through glitzy flattering party pieces, perfect for a night out on the town.'

Diamond by Julien Macdonald starts at £22, and launches on Feb 1 in 40 Debenhams stores nationwide.


Source:Dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment