Monday, May 30, 2011

It's official: Cheryl Cole is OUT of the UK X Factor and Tulisa and Kelly Rowland are IN as official judging line-up is announced

By Jody Thompson


She's out: Cheryl Cole is officially NOT on this year's X Factor panel in the UK, it's been announced this evening


She's been at the centre of intense speculation over the past few days after sensationally being dumped on the U.S. version of the X Factor - but Mail Online can confirm that Cheryl Cole will NOT be returning to the UK version.

Moments ago, ITV released a brief statement on Twitter saying: 'Official: @TheXFactor (UK) judges will be: Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos, Kelly Rowland & Louis Walsh #itvpresscentre.'

As previously reported by the Mail, the announcement had been expected after TV executives withdrew their offer to the 27-year-old Girls Aloud star yesterday evening.


However, in a press release from ITV tonight, Cheryl's departure from the show was completely glossed over.

A quote from Simon Cowell simply said: 'These four are totally up for it, each of them bring a different attitude. They have had a ton of hits between them and they are all committed to finding a star. I have a feeling Louis and Tulisa will have slightly different points of view as to what the next star should look and sound like!'

ITV’s Director of Television, Peter Fincham, meanwhile said in the statement: 'As multi-million selling artists, songwriters and pop masterminds, Gary, Tulisa, Kelly and Louis have huge breadth of appeal with our audience and the ability to engage both the UK’s next generation of music talent as well as ITV’s viewers.'

Fresh blood: N-Dubz star Tulisa Contostavlos and Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland have both been officially announced tonight as the new judges on the UK X Factor


Unsurprisingly, the new judges spoke of their delight at being appointed to the panel of the show.

N-Dubz star Tulisa, 22, said: 'I'm so excited to be the joining The X Factor and want to bring something fresh and new to the panel. I'm not going to be afraid to speak my mind and mix things up a little. I am hoping to find some hot new talent and mentor a winning category. It is also going to be great to get to know and work alongside the other Judges. Let the fireworks begin!"

Former Destiny's Child star Kelly, 30, meanwhile gushed: 'I am so excited to join The X Factor UK and be able to spend time in one of my favourite places in the world.

'The music coming out of the UK right now is incredible with artists like Adele, Jessie J and James Blake, so I’m confident this season of The X Factor will give me opportunity to hear a few diamonds in the rough. Being a judge is never easy, but I promise to be as sternly honest as I can and also encourage everyone who crosses the stage. I can't wait to meet the world’s next superstar!'

Something old, something new: Gary Barlow is the new man on the judging panel (L) but Louis Walsh is the only original member now in the line-up


Take That's Gary was equally enthusiastic, saying:'I'm extremely excited about working on The X Factor. I've always been a fan of the show and always enjoyed performing on it too. My one goal is to find a global super star. If I don't find one I won't have done my job.'

Old hand Louis meanwhile, who perhaps can scarcely believe his luck to be the last surviving member, said: 'I'm delighted to back for my eighth series of The X Factor, it's my favourite job in the world and I'm really excited this year to work with Gary Barlow and the rest of the new panel. I'm the last original judge standing and I'm determined to find an act that can win this year and show the others how it's done!'

Cheryl had initially been given the ‘olive branch’ of returning as a judge on the UK version of the hit show after she was suddenly axed from its American counterpart last week.

However, both the star and her manager, Black Eyed Pea Will.I.Am were refusing to take phone calls from TV executives, including Simon Cowell, to discuss the option.

Last one standing: Louis, far right, is the only judge remaining from last year's panel - Simon is concentrating on the U.S. version, and neither Cheryl or Dannii are returning


As a result, last night they decided to end their interest in bringing her back to the UK show.

A TV source told the Mail: ‘That’s it. Cheryl will not be returning to the British X Factor.

'People have been trying to speak to her and persuade her this would be a good idea, but she’s been uncontactable.

‘She hasn’t returned phone calls. And you can’t exactly negotiate with someone who won’t even speak to you.’

It leaves Louis Walsh as the only original member of the panel, as Cowell has decided to concentrate on the U.S. version, which is now undergoing an overhaul after Cheryl was given the boot.

She will be replaced on the panel of the American version by Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger, who was originally meant to be the co-host with Welsh former T4 star Steve Jones.

Sinitta, X Factor mentor and longtime friend of Simon Cowell meanwhile spoke of her displeasure at Cheryl being left out of the line-up.

Writing on her official Twitter tonight after the announcement, she said: 'p****d and bummed like everyone else. his thing has more twists and turns then the Wizard of Oz tornado!'

'They have to prove themselves that's for sure! wish them luck and I hope they do a great job, they better "bring it"! I'm not amused!I'm watching...'

She added: 'I'm meant to still be working on the show,STILL waiting to hear ...'

The new UK judging panel swing into action on Wednesday for their first auditions at Birmingham, before they continue to Glasgow, Manchester, Cardiff, London and Liverpool.

The show itself returns to our screens last his summer.

Meanwhile, Alan Carr has revealed he's backing Gary's appointment to the x Factor panel - but only if he drops his Mr Nice Guy act.

Talking to this week's Star magazine, the Chatty Man host said: 'I want Gary to be a right bitch on X Factor. Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh saying the same things over and over again got on my nerves.'

Cheryl who? The ITV press office official announcement made no mention of the Girls Aloud singer


And he reckons N-Dubz star Tulisa could make a welcome addition to the show too.

He said: 'If Tulisa has a bit of attitude, she’ll be good.'

Meanwhile, The Saturdays star Rochelle Wiseman told the same magazine that if Cheryl had been dropped by U.S. X Factor bosses because of her accent, it was a 'silly' decision.

However, she also revealed she had a crush on new judge Gary Barlow.

She told Star of when her band first met the Take That mainman. She revealed: 'Gary was really sweet, he was like: "Girls, can I have a picture for my collection?" And I was like: "Are you kidding? Can I have a picture for my collection?"'

Read the full interviews with Alan and Rochelle is this week's Star magazine, out today.


source:dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment