Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hugs for Mummy: Emotional family reunion for Gillian McKeith and her daughters after she is finally voted off I'm A Celebrity

By Sarah Bull



Happy families: I'm A Celebrity contestant Gillian McKeith is reunited with her daughters Skyler and Afton in Australia


After 17 days of moaning and annoying her campmates with her refusal to take part in trials, Gillian McKeith's time in the jungle has finally come to an end.

The nutritionist survived the jungle for over two weeks, but caused controversy with her frequent 'fainting', which was deemed 'fake' by many viewers and some of her fellow celebrities.

And Gillian said she was thrilled to be out of the camp, telling Ant and Dec: 'I'm so happy, I'm so happy I cannot tell you! I'm the happiest person alive.'

The 51-year-old was reunited with her daughters Skylar, 16, and Aston, 10, who flew in last week pleading for their mother's eviction.


Skylar McKeith-Magaziner, who greeted her mother off the bridge, told last week how she couldn't wait for the controversial contestant to be voted off the show.

‘To be honest, I would rather my mum comes out now rather than stay in that jungle,' she said upon her arrival in the Gold Coast.

'I want her out so that I know she is okay. I am worried about her. I know she would never quit the show, but now she can be evicted and I can get to see her.'

Her children and husband Howard, who accompanied the girls to Australia, were ecstatic when their wish was granted.


Excited: Gillian McKeith couldn't stop smiling after she was finally voted off I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!


Together again: Skylar greeted her mother as she walked free from camp


Despite her jubilant exit, Gillian declined to be interviewed on ITV morning shows Daybreak or Lorraine this morning.

Writing on her Twitter, Lorraine Kelly said: 'Well Gillian McKeith has decided not to come on Daybreak or my show - should I consider this a birthday pressie?'

Calls made to I'm A Celebrity by the Mail Online were yet to be answered.

Gillian spoke to Ant and Dec after her eviction about the numerous fainting attacks she suffered during her time on the show, insisting they weren't fake.

Gillian said: 'I have a history of fainting, it's not something that I would ever want to do - it feels horrible. When I stood up my legs felt like jelly and then I woke up with the mask on. It's horrible.'


Missing you: Gillian was happy to receive a care package from her family after Jenny, Stacey, Dom and Shaun won a secret mission for the group last week


Legendary: Gillian's many fainting attacks have becoming something of a legend and have gone down in I'm A Celebrity history


She also admitted she had no idea why she had decided to take part in the ITV show considering all her phobias.

Gillian, who took part in EIGHT Bushtucker Trials, said: 'I must have lost my marbles. I don't know what I was thinking. I didn't think I would be picked for all these trials, I thought I would be cooking all the time!'

And Gillian labelled taking part in the trials 'so draining', adding to Ant and Dec: 'The first day I thought that would be it and then each day it would start again and the anxiety levels grew into panic attack mode - I felt as thought I was on high alert all the time.

'I was petrified I was going to get to do more trials. I thought, I've had my Hallelujah moment, I don't want to ruin it.'


Time to go home: It was between Gillian and Aggro Santos, but viewers voted for Gillian to be evicted


Ecstatic: Gillian couldn't believe her luck when she was told she would be going home


The 51-year-old also spoke about the Dreaded Digger task, which Jenny Eclair had taken part in earlier in the show, but which she refused even to try.

She explained: 'I felt like I had a breakdown in that digger. I felt like I was so emotionally raw I had nothing left to give. I would have liked to have tried but my brain wouldn't kick in with all those levers and everything.

'I thought I was going to faint and there would be bugs all over me - I couldn't do it.'

During her interview with Ant and Dec, Gillian was shown footage of her numerous arguments with former Happy Mondays star Shaun Ryder, who was more than a little vocal about his dislike of the TV presenter.


Tentative: Gillian walked slowly across the bridge to meet Ant and Dec for her post-eviction interview


Revealing all: Gillian said she must have 'lost her marbles' by agreeing to go on the show


But Gillian said she doesn't hold a grudge, adding: 'The funny part is we got on sometimes but other times it was just frightening.

'He's a warm-hearted guy, he's kind and generous but there are times I just can't take the way he behaves.'

However, there was one celebrity Gillian connected with more than all the others - former X Factor star Stacey Solomon.

Asked who she wants to be crowned the winner of the show on Saturday, Gillian said: 'Stacey, without a doubt - she's definitely the Queen of the jungle in my book.'


Cringe-making: While Gillian deemed her fainting attacks 'embarrassing', she insisted they were entirely real


But it doesn't look like McKeith will be keeping in touch with former Bond girl Britt Ekland.

The Swedish actress vowed to not 'have anything to do with her' following the nutritionist's 'appalling' behaviour in the jungle.

She told The Sun: 'I found her behaviour and lack of knowledge about the show absolutely astounding for a professional woman. She is a fake - a bloody good fake but a bloody annoying one.'

And it's not just Ms Ekland who is questioning McKeith's professionalism.

The nutritionist's former publicist, Lucy Heather, says she believes she has 'committed career suicide.'

Heather told Reveal magazine: 'When I found out Gillian was going into the jungle, I actually thought it was a joke.

'Gillian is passionate about what she does for a living - she feels very strongly about people eating healthily.

'It's something she's very serious about - which is why going on I'm A Celeb... was such a bad idea.

'Her whole career is based on being credible and anyone watching her won't take her seriously anymore.'



Source:Dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment