Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Queen of Essex Amy Childs gets a right royal makeover and asks: 'How could I not watch myself on TV? It's brilliant!'

By Andrea Magrath


Queen of Essex: Amy Childs is barely recognisable without her trademark orange tan in the new issue of Wonderland


We've watched her exude the virtues of the vajazzle, ask innocently where north London is and decide that a nice mahogany hue is the perfect shade of fake tan.

But ask Amy Childs if she regrets any of her head-scratching musings on hit reality series The Only Way Is Essex, and the beautician is defiant.

'I don’t regret nothing. I’ve come across as the fun character, the nice person,' the 20-year-old says. 'Sometimes I think, “Amy, you’ve got to think before you speak”, but at the end of the day that’s me and I let it all out.'


But Amy does admit that perhaps her Essex girl look is just a little over the top. 'The only thing is my make-up,' she says. 'Sometimes I think, “My god Amy, why do you wear that much make-up?”'

And while some stars (from Katie Price to Leonardo DiCaprio) insist they can't bear to watch themselves on screen, Amy is a little more candid. 'How can I not watch it?' she asks. 'It’s brilliant though. I like it.'

Amy has ditched her favoured perma-orange look in the new issue of Wonderland magazine, who have given her a right royal makeover.

Honest: The reality star says she watches herself on TV because it's 'brilliant' but does occasionally think, 'Amy, you’ve got to think before you speak'

The reality star is caked in white face powder, red lipstick and brooding black eye make-up to be crowned a monarch by the fashion magazine.

In another shot, Childs sports Marie Antoinette-style hair with a white bouffant accessorised with roses.

And while the stars of The Only Way Is Essex rarely are seen out of their Lipsy and Forever Unique mini dresses, Amy tries a £900 Vivienne Westwood gown on for size in the fierce photoshoot.

But despite her couture makeover, Amy remains loyal to her roots, and insists she'll never abandon the Essex scene for the bright lights of London.

The flame-haired reality star declares: 'All my friends are in Essex, I’ve always lived in Essex, I love going out in Essex.

While she is clearly keen to remain humble (‘I don’t have to go to all these posh restaurants because I can go to KFC – £5.99 bargain bucket, you know?’) Amy can't deny that she is living the high life.

Under the wing of management Can Associates, she is now buddies with fellow reality star clients Peter Andre, Kerry Katona and Nicola McLean and last week was spotted dining at Claridge's with her boyfriend Joe.

Essex style: Amy usually favours a more revealing style with her trademark orange spray tan


Amy is currently back at work filming the second series of The Only Way Is Essex.
But while the first season followed her love life, Amy's storylines have taken a back seat to the tumultuous engagement of Mark and Lauren.

With Amy happily in a relationship with City broker Joe, her scenes have centred on her beauty salon and finding a new assistant, leaving the love triangles and tantrums up to her co-stars.

Read the full interview in the new issue of Wonderland magazine, on sale Friday.



source:dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment