Thursday, April 21, 2011

Make-up free Mischa Barton shuns Hollywood glamour after insisting she's 'grateful' to be unemployed

By Daily Mail Reporter


No fuss: Mischa Barton went make-up free to the Plan B concert held at the El Rey theatre in Los Angeles last night


During her days on The OC, Mischa Barton would spend hours with the make-up team to perfect the glowing California girl look.

But the 25-year-old's beauty routine is clearly much simpler these days

The former Hollywood It girl, who recently insisted she is 'grateful' to no longer have a steady TV job, stepped out last night looking decidedly low maintenance.

She arrived for the Plan B concert held at the El Rey theatre in Los Angeles with no make-up on.


Her wardrobe also appeared to be lacking attention with her mismatched ensemble of dark indigo jeans and a black billowing top, paired with a fitted gold sequinned jacket and animal print flats.

Leaving the famous Hollywood landmark, Mischa looked downbeat as she was accompanied by an unnamed male friend.

After her successful stint me as Marissa Cooper in popular teen series, Mischa has struggled to reclaim her status as one of the most-sought after actresses.

Casual: Her wardrobe also appeared to be lacking attention with her mismatched ensemble


However, she recently claimed that she is happy to stay out of the limelight, and still has some soul-searching to do.

'TV is not something I'm looking at right now for a second, just because I'm really at a restful place in my life. I'm really just taking my downtime,' she said.

'I've seen a lot of other girls who just kept going and kind of spazzed out and I'm just really grateful to be settled right now and not working and not doing anything but working on myself.

'I just feel really blessed with a convergence of really good things going on right now, so I'm not in a rush to do a project.'

Of course, Mischa has had her share of personal struggles.

Glum: The pair left the venue looking somewhat downcast


She was charged with drink-driving and possession of marijuana in 2007, and in 2009 was put under a psychiatric hold, over what she claimed was a tooth infection that spiralled out of control.

She was forcibly held at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for two weeks.
She was kept under a 5150 ‘hold’ – the US equivalent of being sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Last year in an interview with Tatler magazine, Mischa revealed that she was placed in the involuntary psychiatric care after lashing out at nursing staff trying to inject her with painkillers to treat an infection.

She said: ‘I had this terrible surgery to remove my wisdom teeth and it drove me mad.

I had infections and I couldn’t eat anything except Slush Puppies for three months and I can’t tell you how awful it was...Anyway, I’d had enough and I went to the hospital.

'I was in a lot of pain and if they feel you are depressed or a danger to yourself they can hold you on a 5150.

‘I am terrified of needles and they wanted to pump me full of drugs and I said, “No, absolutely not. I don’t want to be here,” and got into a fight with the nurses, and that led to my 5150.’

Mischa said she has struggled to shake off her undeserved wild-child image.

‘Part of me wishes those things had never happened in the public eye. I wish I could have been perfect,' she said.

‘For ages after that 5150 I’d walk down the street and people would give me the crazy eye: “There’s Mischa Barton, she’s insane, isn’t she?” ’

Last year the actress participated in an episode of Fearne Cotton's series Fearne And... in an attempt to set the record straight about her life but she was unhappy about how she was portrayed.

'I wish I hadn’t done it and that’s bad because there are enough misconceptions about me in the press,' she told OK!

'She’s got nothing to lose if she makes a more salacious story, she’s only got everything to gain.

'I don’t want to start a feud with her, it’s not worth it to me. She likes the fame, it doesn’t affect her like it affects the people she’s documenting.'

Mischa recently said she reflects on her time on The OC fondly, and says she is glad that the show exposed her to fame.

'I think it's funny and great that all these people do know me from it and kind of had to see me grow up and did see me grow up and go through all that s***,' she said.

'Now I think people will come around to who you are as an actor and a being and get on your side, so I'm glad that that show - in a way - exposed me.

'It definitely established me as an actor and I think you can only embrace that.'


source:dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment