Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cher Lloyd gets a sophisticated new makeover for glossy magazine shoot

By Daily Mail Reporter



Little girl lost: Cher Lloyd defends her image as she poses in a pristine white blouse and Alice band for the new issue of Wonderland magazine


During her time on The X Factor, Cher Lloyd clashed with the show's stylists over which direction her dress sense should take.

So after months in leggings, tutus and hoodies, the 17-year-old was finally coaxed out of her streetwear for a sophisticated magazine shoot.

Her dyed red hair was been straightened, groomed and pushed back with a preppy Alice band as the reality star poses in a white blouse in the new issue of Wonderland magazine.


In another shot, the singer looks like a lady who lunches - red hair aside - in her satin top and pearl earrings.

Discussing her decision to dye her hair from dark brown to red earlier this year, she told the magazine: 'I wanted something that would sort of represent me, that’s fiery and outgoing. So I thought a bit of a red would do me good. I want to get my nose pierced too.'

Despite issues over her costumes for the live X Factor shows, Lloyd relished the chance to show a different side to her usual haphazard style of dressing.

Although Lloyd, from Worcestershire, has been accused of copying mentor Cheryl Cole and Rihanna, she insists it's her own style.

Lady who lunches: The 17-year-old singer admits the negative press does bother her, insisting she's just trying to be herself

She said: 'I want to go for something completely different. I’d just like people to see me as me. What’s the point in comparing?'

Despite coming fourth in The X Factor last year and ending up in the sing-off on several occasions, record bosses are convinced Lloyd could be the next big thing and offered her a record deal.

She spent several weeks in Los Angeles earlier this year recording her debut album, which is due for release in August.

But despite her fierce ambition, she admitted it was hard to read the negative press about her.

She said: 'Well, I’m just a normal 17-year-old girl and I do have major feelings.

'Sometimes things that people say do really affect me, whether it’s about the way I look, or the way that I’m acting. It can get me really stressed out. And it’s like, give me a little break. A week of somebody being nice to me would be lovely.

'That’s the thing that I want to get across. And it’s about my music, and I can’t wait for people to hear it.'

You can read the full interview with Cher Lloyd in Wonderland magazine, out now.


Teenage style: The photoshoot is a far cry from Lloyd's usual fashion choices


source:dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment